Tuesday 9 November 2010

Cruising altitude 27 days and counting!


Another long stretch has gone without blogging it all. As I said, I am running out of ideas, how many times can you repeat yourself without it becoming boring?



I have good days, I have bad days. Every day I still think about smoking. Some days a bit less and some days a bit more. But I have managed entire 27 days without a single puff.


And no; I am not lying, although Dave at work is convinced that as soon as I leave work I rush into some top secret location to have one, without ANYONE knowing.


I find it funny as well that the lodger seems to think I don’t notice him smoking in his room. The whole house smells of cigarettes when he has one up in his bedroom as the door has a good gap and when he opens the window, the draught and smoke just gets thru the gap at the door and spreads itself around the house. But he probably thinks like I used to, that no-one will smell it as he has window open. Becoming a non smoker has made me realise how damn strong they really do smell. And of course the rental agreement says non-smoking room. To be fair I don’t give a damn when I am away, it is just when I am there and gagging for a cig myself, it isn’t helping smelling it around the whole house. But I will persevere. He had left his cigarettes in the kitchen last night, and I nearly had one of them. Temptation is everywhere!


And to think I used to chain smoke indoors, and certainly didn’t have window open in the wintertime. Yikes, not a nice thought anymore.


I am now noticing that my skin looks bit better, I breathe easier, don’t get out of breath quite so easily and generally have better energy levels. ( I am sure the 3 litres of coffee per day has nothing to do with it!)


Of course there are still some drawbacks, for example eating like a little piggie; kebabs, curries, cakes, pizzas, burgers, chips, sausage and bacon sandwiches. I do manage maybe 1 day a week when I might have something healthy, like a chicken salad. But rest of the time I am eating loads. Astonishingly, last 2 weeks have not seen any weight gain, so that’s good. I am sure it is working up some momentum and one morning I will just simply not fit into the clothes I am wearing today, fat will be just taking over completely.


We used to have Friday as naughty sandwich day in the office, when most folk would have a bacon buttie. Now I am having one everyday! Yammy! But to be honest, right now I don’t give a monkeys ass, as long as I stay without a cig well into the new year. Then we can start working on the next task…losing the 5 stone I have put on by then :D
Haha…that should be a laugh! I do like to make life difficult for myself. I could have just carried on smoking.


Now it is worth a mention that in the last 28 days, I have saved 140 pounds not smoking. Where that money is, I have no idea??? I don’t seem to have any more of it. But on the other hand I have done 80% of my Xmas shopping, which is very unusual as I don’t normally start until mid December. So maybe that’s where it went?

1 comment:

Please say hello, my ego really really likes it!