Saturday 5 February 2011

Good times

So it has been a while. Guess why???

Well I failed again. Week before Xmas, just started smoking after another 8 weeks without any cigs.
So have been puffing away for 5 weeks to my harts content. Until this wednesday.

I got a letter thru just over a week ago that I have to go for my nose surgery, FINALLY. It was supposed to happen months ago. Septoplasty. Now this is nothing to do with cosmetic reasons, but more of the I would like to be able to breathe through my nose reason and having UARS (upper airways respiratory syndrome).

So I had my surgery yesterday, and decided to stop smoking, at least temporarily again to try and recover from this thing as soon as possible.
Last cigarette I had was 48 hours ago.

This time I am on nicotine gum and inhalors and as a backup I have some tobacco free herbal cigarettes as well, which have like peppermint and menthol and eucalyptus in them.

Difference this time is that I don't even really have the motivation to quit, but I just did. I am not fooling myself this time into believing that I will never have a cigarette or that I will succeed this time. I will just do this for now and see what happens.

Other than that, this same week I also started a diet, this time I am damned if I will put any weight on, sick of it! 2 stone weight gain, stone for each quit attempt from last year. That is seriously crazy stuff! I feel like a beach whale...

Some good news is that I have lost 2.5kg in last 5 days, this is like 5 pounds or so. I must be doing something right. But stopping smoking and dieting is just rather insane, I know. So I am sure something will give...very soon. Will let you know which one falls in it's face as a flat pancake.

Other than that I have very sore and bleeding nose from the surgery and feel rather sorry for myself, so will keep this short and sweet.

Speak to me, I am home recovering and very bored...

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello, my ego really really likes it!