Friday 2 July 2010

Day 14

Pardon my absence, as you know it was the scary surgery few days ago. Man I tell you, the post anesthesia was great, all fuzzed up and confused on cloud no 9.

I was very very scared, but I have to say the lovely danish nurse made me feel lot better and in fact all the staff were great. When I woke up I ripped the breathing tube out the moment I opened my eyes and promply burst into tears. I was just so glad to wake up again! And glad it was all over. Apparently in 4-6 weeks I should be as good as new!

The pain was incredible so the recovery nurse pumped me full of some kinda medicine and rest of the day I felt fine floating about not giving a damn :)

I have been taking it very easy and sleeping a lot, had all my friends take turns looking after me for the 1st 24 hours, so thank you all for that! Still have quite a bit of pain, but painkillers are making it bearable so all is pretty well.

On the day if the surgery, in the evening my housemate and friend were having a cigarette on my back yard. I stumbled out to go and smell the lovely smell and stupidly decided to have one drag of cigarette. Jesus it made me feel sick, I had to go lay down and I felt so poorly for next hour it is untrue.

So, maybe it was stupid. But in a way it was good, cause I don't want to feel like that again, really was horrible and I think it had something to do with the anesthesia after effects. But I want to keep that memory of how sick it made me feel, forefront in my mind, for every single time I want a cig. (which still is worryingly often).

And I have come to the conclusion that although I have stumbled twice, I have not even had 1 full cigarette since I quit, so that is pretty good going! And it is 2 weeks today! Wohoo! SO far I have saved 63 pounds not smoking!

Today I had a new bathroom delivered. The bloke who was delivering it said he can only bring it next to my house, they are not allowed to carry things in etc. So I decided to try my womanly charms. Afterall, I couldn't be carrying all that indoors on my own, just after a bloody surgery now could I? And my dog, well she is useless and would not help me either :)

After chatting to him, and telling him about the surgery and being a single woman all on my own, I had him as putty in my hands. Half an hour later the entire bathroom suite was in my house without me having to lift a finger. Not only that, I also had two very usefull contacts he gave me and I knew his dogs name and what his wife does for living and how much their house cost. That my friends, is how one uses the womanly charms. I believe my sister is coming quite adept at this too. She had to go and buy oil for my brothers Alfa Romeo which she is looking after whilst he is tangoing in Argentina, and she didnt even know how to open the hood.
No problem, skirt and lots of eyelash batting and confused looks at the oil shelf of the gas station and probem was solved in no time when the men jumped to her rescue. I am glad she is learning from her big sis  ;)

I tell you what as well, lot of people have been saying that they have been really enjoying reading the blog, laughing their asses off. But I have now realised the people who have said that have either been smokers, or ex smokers, I guess this hits a spot for them. Where as non smokers havent said much, or at least have not found it funny. LOL.(with the exception of my sister who is my avid reader) I think it takes a smoker to understand my pain, really taste it :D

Well I really have been racking my brain for something funny to say, but I have NOTHING today. Sorry folks, just boring ol crap today.

1 comment:

  1. hihii, voin hyvin kuvitella sinut tai systerin avuntarpeessa kädet levällään silmät sirrillään räps räps :D Ootte niin ihania... oikeesti...jos olisin mies auttaisin aina!!! -minna-

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, my ego really really likes it!