Thursday 8 July 2010

Day umpteenth on a looong road....

WOW!
I am in shock. I have had nearly 100 people read the last post. OMG...I don't know if I should do backflips or get drunk to celebrate. Oh, best get drunk since my weight seems to be on the increase and thus I would risk a serious injury if I went to even ATTEMPT backflip now.

The only reason I know how many people are reading is that I finally got a counter, this was rather funny and all, made this counter with this widget thing and had the html code and all, just could not find where I was supposed to slot it. 3 hours later and reading all help sections and trying hundred times, I finally found it...it was so simple a 10 month old that only knows how to say 5 words...could have done it. Hat off to google and the things that they try to make for stupid people like me, making it so simple that it seems there has to be really hard way of doing it, and that is what I was looking for. I wasn't imagining single click with a cat size arrow pointing to it...haha. Well, at least my small mind got some excercise while at it. Must admit Dana looked at me like I was the last village idiot when after hours of staring at the screen, swearing in finnish and telling her that google and everthing they ever inveted was rotten from the core...I suddenly went ' You are joking,that was it, you streamlining fekking bastards!!!' and promptly walked to the fridge and poured a mansize glass of wine...and pouted a lot.

See this blogging thingy is not all that easy at all, it takes time and apparently...NO BRAINS! lol

To be honest, when I started this blog, I went to guess who...lol, google and just typed free blog. Well of course google blog would be first one that came up. I wasn't interested if I was gonna be able to do pretty things with it or make it look like dogs bollocks, in my nicotine withdrawal I just needed to UNLOAD. I signed on in less than 60 seconds and wrote my first post. It is only now that my withdrawal symptoms are easing a little and that I have realised how many people are reading this, that I am trying to make an effort here :D

Anyway, back to smoking, or more apptly, the lack of it. I had a message from my non-smoking group today, the meeting was cancelled as our meeting room got booked for someone else! So no meeting for me then...I wonder if one can class that as a disapointing incident and smoke and then just tell them next week that they crushed me with cancelling my meeting and I REALLY needed it...

No, I would not do that, but it is nice to play with the idea like an AA meeting...feeling like no one cares, not EVEN the AA group...so one needed a drink to drown his sorrows :D

As you can all probably tell, I am feeling a LOT better, the last week with the surgery and all that misery, pain and dizzyness, tiredness and PAIN just made me very miserable and today I almost feel like my normal self and it is soooo NICE!

At the current moment I want a cigarette approx every 2 hours.

Oh, yeah...you will love this...
I am getting my bathroom refurbished, which is great, I finally have most of the things needed, like tiles, bath, carpet, sink, toilet etc and some great friends helping me do it, since I am poor and can't afford to pay for the cowboys that could ruin it all for me for a lot of money.

Now the downside of this is....I am still having these post smoking sweats, I am SO hot all the time, face red, sweat literally pouring out, the good thing is that it does not quite smell as bad as it did before (the mans excersise pants, left in gymbag for 2 weeks, rolled in ash, with added fragrances of dog poo and cat piss...if you remember from previous blogging)
It's just sweat now( which is still not good)...and of course...I can't take a shower or a bath at my house...IIIIK! May I note that Sure advert featuring Alexandra Burke (always dry) is on TV while I write this (the universe knows how to take the piss)

And as my luck should have it, what was supposed to be a fairly straight forward job, turned into one with twists and turns that any soap opera writer could be proud of. I just hope my finances can handle it all. Thank god for some people who are helping me with this whole thing, you know who you are...just know I am eternally greatful!

So when the tiles came out, the old ones, half the wall came out with it too...gonna be a bit bigger job than thought. So I think no showers for at least 2 weeks. Just serves me right for buying a house that was built in 1897. (stoopid biatch!)

All I need now is a heatwave....that would be like the ultimate punishment...I am sweating buckets at +19 as it is...and it had been cloudy and windy...all DAY!

I am staring to wonder if the do an antiperspirant bath anywhere? never mind the pathetic little sprays and sticks they sell...I am needing some serious arsenal. But APPARENTLY QUITTING SMOKING IS GOOD FOR ME :D

I have so much more to say, but for now I am just having a contemplative suck on my nicotine inhalor whilst sipping a glass of Pinot Grigio and watching some Simpsons. The rest can wait thill the next blog...

And if you actually bothered to read ALL this way...do me a favour, just write at least hello on the comments, let me hear YA!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh bugger, I just SOOO would like a cigarette now.
    *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Miia :)

    It's great to hear how you are doing and well done for quitting smoking. It's is really really hard, like a mind game. I too quit a little while ago. As we have a baby on the way, I thought that now would be a good time to see if I can set an example. I lasted 3 and a half months last time I tried but, then I caved in. I felt really sick afterwards for starting again. I guess that kind of helps now as I remember how bad I felt after that 1st ciggie I had then. For me, finding something to do which takes my mind off it really helps but, when I have a meal or have a drink, I constantly crave for a cig. That something "to do" if often a trip to the fridge at the mo :D For me it seems a choice between being fat or smoking :D I just need to get busy exercising instead and it'll all be good. Anyways, keep it going Miia. Be strong. You can do it!!

    Love

    Jaro

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG....Baby on the way!!!! Congrats so MUCH!!!!
    WOW! That sure is a good reason to set an example.
    Glad you're reading my ramblings and thanks for the comment xx
    Wishing you and Riikka and the mini jaroiikka all the best xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, my ego really really likes it!