Sunday 20 June 2010

13 hours

Was very surprised I managed to take a nap, great it killed 2 hours of this agony without me thinking about cigarettes. It is now 13 hours since I woke up this morning, and 20 hours since I had my last smoke.

I can not believe I have made it this far. However, I walk a very thin line, I want one approximately once a minute at this moment in time.

Now comes the real test, in an hour i am going to the pub to play pool. I 'used to' smoke most when I was drinking. So far I am sipping on a cider and still resisting, punching the air in regular intervals, consdering new career as a boxer.

My dogs barking is getting exceedingly annoying so perhaps it is a good thing I get out of the house before I lose my rag with her completely. So far I have only spoken to customers at work this morning and I behaved quote well, only lost my rag once and recovered that quite well. But then again it is only day 1.
Sigh

So now I will have to go to public and will be having few drinks, who ever I rant, abuse or punch tonight, I am really sorry in advance!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I admire you and I am glad you will get healthy. But I think you better get some gum to chew or something.

    The new sideline as a boxer could be interesting but I don't think you will stick with it long.

    Barrett

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking about emptying the local shop in the morning of gum and mints ;) Will be taking a large handbag to work!

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, my ego really really likes it!