Saturday 19 June 2010

The 1st day dawns...

Woke up and the first conscious thought I had was, oh crap, it’s quit smoking day. I must have been very aware of it all night. I chain smoked last night and even sang ‘goodbye my friend, goodbye my lover’ to few of my last cigarettes. I could swear one of them nearly cried!

I managed to clamber downstairs and make my first morning coffee, one of the nicest cigarettes of the day is the one after that. I didn’t have it, but all I could think about was; I want it soooo bad! I then took dog for a walk and instead of her pulling me, this time I was pulling her (makes a nice change) bit of power walking instead of cigarette then.

Got in my car, and to tell you the truth I have full packet of cigarettes in my car, it is my emergency pack, you know just in case I find myself almost sneaking out of a house with a bread knife ready to kill someone type of emergency.

I managed to drive to work without having one. Normally I have TWO!

I have now been at work for half hour and still smoke free, so managed first 2 hours. My previous record of not smoking is probably around 6 hours tops, so let’s see if I can beat that!

1 comment:

  1. Hyvä Miia, niinkuin toisaalla sanoin niin minulla se oli tosi helppoa =) Ei ole kertaakaan tehnyt oikeasti mieli tupakkaa, alussa toki mieli yritti uskotella.. Tsempit!!

    t. Anssi

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, my ego really really likes it!