Sunday 20 June 2010

Day 2

I can very proudly say that I never had a cigarette yesterday, even in the most tempting environment of a pub. I even went outside with a friend who smokes and kept her company when she had one and didn't have one. Damn, how good am I! Mind you I did have her blow smoke my way, and man it smelled good, but still resisted.

Today has been a little different, I woke up with really bad cramps in my tummy at 4am and since then promptly proceeded to throw up and have major trots for hours on end. I was so ill I feel I have given every ounce of myself to that toilet today.

The only positive thing about this is that I have not wanted a cigarette, or even thought about it as was feeling so sick it occupied all my thoughts. I have been wondering if I got a bug, or it was the chicken I cooked yesterday or if this stopping smoking caused it, not too sure. Anyhow bit reluctanly will have to throw rest of the gorgeous chicken salad away. just in case.

At this rate I will not be putting any extra weight on due to stopping smoking, only had salad and bacon buttie yesterday and today have thrown all that up anyway. And so far today have managed 1 piece of dry toast and yogurt.

I also did do 3 or 4 FreewayCER sessions yesterday when I was about to cave in, and must admit that they helped a lot, took the edge of the craving and I think it is largely due to them that I managed the whole day without even a smallest little puff of smoke. So will carry on using that when going gets tough again. Should be very amusing for co-workers as they will be wondering what the heck I am doing, tapping and yawning and chanting to myself :D

I have decided to go for that SAS survival challenge weekend in 5 weeks, it is going to make me start jogging and getting into shape for it thus possibly battling the on coming weight increase, plus keeping me occupied rallying sponsorship for it as it all goes to charity. And it does sounds like one of those things that should be on the list of '100 things to do before I die'

I am sure it will challenge me physically and mentally and I recon I will have some fun too.

But for now I am attempting to take my dog for a slow stroll, and hope to hell I don't need toilet while out, so far today I havent dared go further than 10 meters away from it :D

1 comment:

  1. Great that you decided to go to the sas...propably hard but very fun experience...

    keep on fighting dear, komppaan sua <3
    -minna-

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, my ego really really likes it!