Saturday 19 June 2010

This is going to be a LONG day!

So I go to this non-smoking group, it is like AA meeting for smokers, every Wednesday, we can all moan about how hard it is or brag how easy it is for us.

I am also on Champix, today is day 13 of being on it and it so far did effect me quit a bit, my smoking dropped down to half pack a day, until the last 2 days before quitting, which is when I went into panic mode! I had to try this Champix thing because if I was to go cold Turkey, small children and animals would not have been safe! Basically, I needed something to screw around in my brain to have even smallest chance of succeeding.

Right now I have been awake for 3 hours and I REALLY do want a cig. Well tough!
It has been mentioned in the past that apparently I 'type loudly' when on computer keyboard, right now it is more like punching the damn thing, I think I may need few new keyboards in the oncoming weeks.

I also got given a gold star 'stress toy' that I can play with in my desperation, looking at the delicate little thing, I would imagine that will be in total shreds by Monday lunchtime. Either that or I will end up with some form of tendonitis from pumping it for 18 hours a day. (just given it a few nice gentle squeezes to warm it up!)

I have a saving tin, I intend to put my daily cig money to it, should be a nice shopping trip in months time! I bet it will be hard to find that 5 pounds daily tho, when it is not for cigarettes. When you need cigarettes, you will ALWAYS find the money.

I wonder how long it takes until the thoughts change, so far all I have been able to think about coherently for the past 3,5 hours is cigarettes, how nice and how pretty and delicious they are?

So the next thing I will be trying is FreewayCER therapy, since I am a therapist I should really try one of my own tools, will let you know what 1st session of that will do in this matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello, my ego really really likes it!