Sunday 8 July 2012

1 week down - Eternity to go!

So there first week is drawing to and end. It has been hell if I am honest, especially for the first 4 days.
Yes there was few hickups but all and all, I have had 3 cigarettes instead of the 120 that I would have had in the last 7 days. So one can call that a victory for sure. I just need to find the will to keep going.

I went out last night to see some live bands and it was the first outing to the smoke filled world all week.
What was very nice was the fact that my friend who I went with decided to have electronic cigarette for the eveving so that I would not be left alone indoors while everyone else milled outside for cigarettes.

This of course caused me to try this electronic cigarette. It was fantastic! Tasted million times better than cigarettes, no smell and the best way I can describe the taste is that it was sweet waffles with maple syrup and of course gave you a nicotine buzz.

Next thing I noticed was 3 other people in the pub with electronic cigarettes. Now the funny thing to me was that they all were using it in a very coy way, like hiding it a little, slightly embarassed. I wonder why...afterall when we go out to smoke a smelly cancer stick we hold our head up high ad there is no embarassment what so ever!

Anyhow the bands were great, company and being social fantastic so really enjoyed myself.

And although I drank plenty of wine I got out of bed this morning full of energy. Went for an hours walk with the dogs, cleaned the house, did all laundry, did weekly shopping,gave one of the dogs a bath, spent 2 hours chatting to a possible new lodger, walked the dogs again, played with them, cooked great dinner.

It was nice to feel this level of energy after most of the week feeling lethargic and depressed!

However I have noticed I am talking to myself now, rather than laughing at my own thoughts, we have moved onto talking load of rubbish to myself out loud. Hmmm.

Ooh and I found megabag of sour fruit mini Chupa Chups lollies in Asda...stocked up with few bags!

Cigs 0
Money saved so far £39.50
Music: 3 Doors down
Food: ham & cheese toastie, tacos, pecan platt, bag of crisps. (Yeah I know I gotta do something about this! crap, crap and more crap!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello, my ego really really likes it!