Friday 6 July 2012

Day 5 - It really is the real day 1- It's a new dawn, it's a new day!

Just got back from SAS meeting (=AA for smokers) had a very good session and nice to hear all the stories again. This time I decided I would give the group the address to this blog so maybe they can laugh, cry, comment and share the journey with me. As for everyone else reading, please do share the link on facebook, would be nice to reach some people who might be thinking of quitting and hear stories from those who already have.

Today is really the real day 1 as I have not fallen into the same pitfall as I did Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Altho I only had one cigarette each day instead of 20, it still isn't really a proper non-smoking day. So I dont know if I should start the count from today or keep to day 5 as I have been to hell and back in the last 5 days and today finally feels like the turning point when things have been little easier, I have been more positive and the lollipops have tasted fab. Also my sense of smell has returned properly already. I was walking past colleagues desk smelled her toffee yogurt like it was actually in my mouth. It was a crazy feeling, week ago I would not have smelled that aroma at all.

I am still craving cigarettes very regularly, but I don't have the murderous sheen in my eyes or the shakes and sweat running off me like Niagra.

So I am enjoying this moment , having a chill out evening at home and looking forward to going out tomorrow evening to a live gig at Sowerby Bridge and Mind, Body and Spirit Fair in Leeds Saturday or Sunday.

I am rapidly running out of Chupa Chups Mini lollies so will stock up tomorrow, I have inhaler, dog ate the last one last night but I got 2 more now to suck on inbetween the lollies.

My chest infection is finally shifting and feeling better for that too.

So far I have saved £28 in the past 5 days! WOW!

So a good day. (about time I hear you sigh after all that moaning, not to worry I am sure I will find things to complain about again in the next few days!!)

Cigarettes 0
Wine 0
F-words used 0
Dates: One planned :)
Music: No time
Chupa Chups consumed: 3
Upset customers: 0
Ta Taa!

2 comments:

Please say hello, my ego really really likes it!