Monday 9 July 2012

Mind, Body and Spirit Sunday

Well, well I am not sure how you will all cope with another positive-ish blog post from the moaning mini, but here goes:

Went to a Mind, Body and Spirit fair in Leeds today with a friend. I do go to around 4 of these things every year. Mainly to get some new cards, jewellery or books or a good massage. I like holistic therapies and this was one of the reasons why I became FreewayCER Meridian Energy Therapy Tutor some years back. I am training next bunch of therapists in Finland in 3 weeks time on a rural summer cottage by the ocean and can't wait, it will be fab!

Anyhow, I like these fairs as there is always something interesting, if nothing else, interesting people and conversations. And other times some new holistic techniques. This was one of those times. I was wondering if I should spend my remaining money on a cool OM necklace or a massage after we had wondered about, bought a few books and had lunch. Decided to go for the necklace but then someone had just bought it so I could not have it.

We then had a look around at the various stands offering various different massage techniques. Now my friend said that one would wind me up, this one group was massaging people while making a whooshing sound and it advertised as innersound.org and Qi energy treatment. Well my interest sparked immediately as I am very familiar with Qi and energy flow and such like matters so I decided to give it a try.
This is their website and they are based in Manchester for those who might have an interest:
http://www.innersound.org/index.php/qi-treatment

It was great, what was somewhat strange and not something I have had done before was massaging my tummy. And he spent what seemed like an eternity doing it and also went back to it later. Afterwards I told him that it was weird, and he told me that he felt I had various blockages around the stomach area and that stomach meridian is very closely connected to lung meridian and as he felt my lungs had problems as well, he gave that area extra #umph# of energy. Anyhow, the entire experience was fabulous and I feel GREAT!

They also do 3 hour little workshops one Saturday each month which has a similar but bit deeper massage, some meditation, movement of Qi exercises and lunch. This will go to one of those in September!

Anyhow, I have seen this book called F**k It- The ultimate Spiritual Way a number of times and I did in fact meet the author while back in a previous fair and yet haven't bought the book, been thinking about it. But somehow now, quitting smoking the title called to me. Might be my frame of mind, might be that I am now ready for the message. Whatever the reason, this time I bought it. I gulped 65 pages down as soon as I got home. It is sheer brilliance. It is a spiritual book, but for a western mind. And since I have taken the liberty or saying fuck when ever I feel like it in this blog for the obvious nicotine withdrawal reasons, this bloke, John C Parkin makes it quite literally a spiritual way of freeing yourself from stress and all the things that cause you pain. So would highly recommend the book to just about anyone. you can order it here:
http://www.thefuckitlife.com/shop.htm

What was very funny as well today...my friend is a smoker. She smokes roll ups. when we get to Leeds I ask her if she wants to have a cigarette before we go in and she says no. After our lunch she wants to go out for a cigarette and I decide to keep her company. There is nobody else outside having one. And she can't find her papers :D I was in hysterics! So she could not have one. There was no shop close by and nobody smoking outside so she could have asked for a cigarette or a paper. So she had to go without the entire trip.
She took it very well to be fair, but I just thought it was so funny.

So fantastic day, I have wanted cigarette approximately once an hour, which is a vast improvement from once a minute.

Cigarettes 0
Wine 2 glasses of Marlborough Savignon Blanc to go with my new Fuck It book
Music: Codega & George Michael
Exercises:  1.5 hours walking dogs, 2 hours walking around the fair
Food: Baked potato with chili and cheese, tacos, pear pie (same as apple pie but with pears) 1 lollipop, Crunchy Nut serial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello, my ego really really likes it!