Wednesday 11 July 2012

Day 10 - Reindeer Piss :)

In northern Finland (Lapland) they have this saying, reindeer piss away. What it means is that when the reindeer is on the move, migrating, that the reindeer piss is the farthest distance they can travel without having a pee.
So Reindeer piss  is a measure of distance, and in the case of this blog, a measure of time and distance. I have now got reindeer piss distance from my quit date. The Reindeer piss is considered a small distance, something one could walk quite easily. *maximum of 7.5 km in fact*

What I am trying to say is that it might feel like a reindeer piss is an awfully long time and a long way, and it really really isn't considering that they can travel miles upon miles more than that in a day, reindeer piss is just a fraction of that. Really nothing at all.

I feel like I have come a long way, but really every day still is a real battle. Today was considerably easier than yesterday. Yesterday was 5th Circle of Dantes infermo (wrath & sullenness) and today was merely 1st Circle (Limbo). Although if we need to find a positive note, I have not yet resorted to heresy, violence, fraud or treachery, levels 6-9. But I would say there is time yet.

On another note, I have not noticed (so far) any increased MI5 or MI6 activity around me, my blog, my house, or work as I was expecting few postings back, but then again those robots searching the naughty words on the tinterweb do take a little time. So it could happen any day now.

So yeah I have decided to order me an electronic cigarette type of thing for those days just like yesterday. Because if I am honest, I don't think I have the willpower left to handle many more of those.

So me being me, I goes searching the tinterweb. 7 hours later...I finally choose my product after looking thru ALL of them ever invented. Comparing prices and performance and reading hundreds of reviews.
Well what I have got coming is like the Ferrari of electronic smokes. Don't do half measures me. I like good stuff. This better be good! Or we have Dantes inferno level 7 coming right up!

In those 7 hours this is what I learnt...the people who use them tend to call it vaping instead of smoking as it is sheer harmless vapour that you are sucking into your lungs thru one of these things. Normal cigarette is called the analogue...the old fashioned, stinking, expensive analogue. That really cracked me up!
And you have nicotine in these things, either as ready to pop in little cartridges or liquid that you refill, depending on the vaping device. Now then, cigarettes come in various strengths and flavours. So you can have 3 different strengths and the forth is zero nicotine for those who reduce their nicotine intake gradually and still might have to puff on a vapour but don't need the nicotine anymore, have just got to rid of the final little habit side of things. So real cigarettes, they all do have that cigarette taste don't they? Well now for your enhanced vaping experience you can have just about any flavour you can imagine. I think only thing I didn't see was fish & chips flavour!

First of all you can have your Camel, Marlborough, cigar, etc flavours, but you can also have vanilla, coke, fruits of the Forrest, whiskey, chocolate, pear, apple, strawberry....you name it, they got it.

They did not, however have any diet coke ladies :D

As to how much of this flavour you can actually tell while 'vaping' I have no idea until mine is delivered. But I will be sure to tell you.

Now on some level I think I am cheating this quitting thing if I need Champix and nicotine on the tough moments. But to be honest, anything right now that will stop me from having the real deal analogue, stinking, cancer causing , expensive fag is considered a bonus. Every single minute, every single packet I am not buying is all good, no matter what it takes. Fuck it. This is how I am doing it this time. you gotta problem with it please feel free to write, in 3 copies of course to:

I don't really give a shit
999 Fekking avenue
666 Inferno

Your letter will be attended to by one of our every so cheerful customer service representatives as soon as they can spare time from torturing the poor souls trying to be good by quitting smoking. You will know when you receive one, it is signed in blood and has a faint smell of smoke and the edges of paper may be slightly burnt.

That's about all I have to say today. Apart from the fact that work was STUPID busy. I was gonna get real stressed and annoyed but kept saying Fuck it, relaxing and taking just one thing at a time, just like my latest mentor, yes The 'Fuck It' book tells me to.

Cigarettes 0
Wine - Yes, we had to have some (we??? me...as if the dogs shared!)
Upset co-workers 1
Training materials printed and organised 250 pages
Lodger contracts drafted for the next lodger 1 (yep, I got one going out and another coming in August time, yay!)
Aromatherapy orders for friends, family, training course chef and me: 1 (took me ages) this trading stuff that's cheap in England for favours or stuff in or from Finland is great even when it does set me back 100 pounds, it is still worth every single penny!
E-mails sent: 20
Text messages sent: 200 (most for work, yes that is how busy it was!) I think I sent 3 on personal level...rest on the 1 finger analogue piece of ancient history that is called my work phone and all work related and mainly consisting of numbers.
Breakdowns dealt with : around 20
Exercise: 2 walks, about an hour, what I had no more time
Alarms slept through: 1 I woke up WAY late this morning, the rest is history. I was late. Day was hell. Fuck it.
I think you re bored now, so I will stop.
We can just conclude I have had a busy day!

Oh, and I is NOT so impressed with the lack of comments, sharing or liking with them facebook buttons. Come on people, don't keep me all to yourself!

6 comments:

  1. Ooo, waiting for your review on the el-cig-thing. And since yesterday was payday, feel free to send an invoice for my oils :D

    And I just realized I haven't read Dante's Inferno. Like never. Will take up on it right after I've re-read Kalevala.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing, take off the word confirmation gadget is from hell, a real lottery to get it right - you'll probably have much more comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, didnt realise there was word confirmation thingy since for my comments I don't get it. Will rectify most imminently! I haven't read Kalevala either (bad finnish person me!!!) I am test driving the e cig as we speak, will write full review tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Testing...oh it works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Invoice? Don't be daft! Yours was a drop in the ocean in that order my dahling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I simply discovered this web journal and have high trusts in it to proceed. Keep up the considerable work, its elusive great ones. I have added to my top choices. Much obliged to You. 🔑 Accessori

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, my ego really really likes it!